Increase user-engagement in your Magento stores transactional emails. Adding schema supported by Gmail adds quick go-to buttons to your customers inboxes. For more info on what gmail actions are see: Gmail Actions
- Emails must be authenticated via DKIM or SPF
- If you are unable to modify your DNS records to support this, one way of achieving is through the use of a SMTP module
- Your domain of the DKIM or SPF signatures must match the domain of your From: email address exactly. eg for From: firstname.lastname@example.org the DKIM must be for the bar.com domain and not a subdomain such as email.bar.com.
- Emails must come from a static email address, eg email@example.com
- Emails must follow Google's general email guidelines
Once you have met these basic requirements, you can then register with Google so your customers can start seeing the new Go-to Actions in their inboxes.
We have added a few configurable options, which allows you to customise the
Action Text which appears on the button. Plus
Description which describes the contents of the email. These options are located at
System > Configuration > Gmail Actions > Gmail Actions Configuration. There is an
Action Name and
Descriptionn for each type of transactional email with the exception of Invoices.
To test that the emails are sending correctly, you will require a gmail account (Google Apps accounts also work). You will then need to change the Sales Representative Contact Email in
System > Configuration > Store Email Addresses. Changing it to your gmail account. When you place a test order, you will also need to use that same email address.